About Me

My photo
Gulf Shores, Alabama, United States

Saturday, November 28, 2009

EDM AND ME : )


I believe I was moderately technologically literate before EDM and now I believe I am more technologically literate after. And, as I have for... my whole life... I'll continue to use technology in every aspect of my life, especially my future teaching.

PROGRAMS/WEBSITES
YouTube - is changing People.
Twitter - Great for news and views.
Skype - I have one. Who knows who I'll end up talking to with it.
Picasa - Love Picasa. Eventhough, I don't remember anything about it from class.
iTunes/iTunesU - Beneficial to me personally. I'm not positive if it will affect my future teaching.
Delicious - I have one. I'm sure I'll refer to it in the future.
Wordle - Love Wordle! I'll definitely use it.
Foliotek - Dr. Strange's directions made Foliotek understandably for me... FINALLY!
ACCESS/ALEX - For me, a monthly resource.. at least.

IDEAS
PLNs - Still trying to convince myself.
Comment4Kids - I hope it grows even larger. Its a true symbol of education reform.
HTML - A whole new world. I look forward to becoming a HTML professional.
Podcasts/Videocasts - Not sure if I'll be inspired to create one of these on my own.
Wikis - I've joined two other Wikis (besides Tech Literate Teacher) since being introduced to the concept. So, Go Wikis!!
Technological Literacy - Undoubtedly important.
The Future of Schools - I hope I'm an influential part of it.
My "Intellectual Trail" - Something I think about every time I get on a computer.
Me as a Professional - Closer and closer every day.

GOOGLE - A great bundle of tools.
Blogs/ Blogger - Love Blogger.
GoogleDocs - Love GoogleDocs.
Google Spreadsheets - Meh.
Google Reader - Useful.
GoogleForms - I think I may find a use for these in the future.
Google Earth - Always useful.

My Favorite Posts
Presentations
I liked creating my GoogleDocs Presentation.
The podcast my group and I made was a new experience.
And I'm glad I learned how to make a voicethread through Project 11.


What I would have liked to have learned.
More basic HTML stuff and more basic computer stuff. Tricks of the trade and such.

What I wish I didn't learn.
Umm... I can't think of anything.

What I got excited about learning in EDM.
HTML, Google Tools, Comments4Kids.

Anything intellectually challenging?
Nothing stands out. However, I think some things were slightly challenging from a creativity aspect.

Bored at any time?
Its hard to be bored on the World Wide Web.

Ways I would change EDM 310.
-Less blog posts.
-More Comments4Kids.
-More of an introduction to programs and concepts. And therefore more programs and concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment