About Me

My photo
Gulf Shores, Alabama, United States

Sunday, October 11, 2009

The New Media Literacies

a picture from wordle
The New Media Literacies presents their ideas of the skills a person needs to be successfully productive in this new age of technology. Skills like judgement, negotiation, appropriation and play are universal skills that, in any era, would be a crucial element to being an effective artist, citizen or worker. But, yes, the other, new skills that they mention are definitely needed these days if you want to be successful in your endeavors with "new media".
I have good judgement when it comes to resources from the internet. Examples of places that I would rely on are government websites, established corporations or brands and accredited volumes of information. I do my share of playing on the internet. I like finding new things that intrigue me and just letting the trail of interest continue and build off itself. As the movie went on and explained negotiation and appropriation I realized that I posses those skills as well. I'm definitely a multitasker; and the rest of the skills I am going to have to do more research on in an attempt to start aquiring them.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, they were not explained. So some research is necessary.

    Another question: how will you teach these skills to your students?

    ReplyDelete