About Me

My photo
Gulf Shores, Alabama, United States

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mr. McClung: What I've Learned This Year.

I just read Mr. McClung's post and found it to be very true. I enjoyed reading about a 1st year teacher's experience very much. He made a lot of valid points, including:
  • to be an effective teacher you have to let your students/ audience direct what and how you teach
  • being flexible and not sweating the small stuff is key
  • keeping lines of communication with good teachers open is important, this can allow you to good, effective trade ideas
  • ENCOURAGE your students to do better the next time when they fail at something
  • and listen to your students.

I firmly believe that if a teacher knows his or her students well enough that teaching them will just be like second nature. The students will learn and grow without knowing it. Mr. McClung has excellent information and advice. His blog is a part of my PLN.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you left him a comment. Remind me nd i will assign you a kid from his class in Arkansas where he now is.

    ReplyDelete