About Me

My photo
Gulf Shores, Alabama, United States

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Langwitches Blog: Episode #19

In this podcast on the Langwitches.org website, two women, one of which is Melanie Holtsman, discuss Web 2.0 and Ideas for integrating technology in the classroom. This podcast was very informative for me and gave me quite a few ideas for when I become a teacher. One of the ideas she had was to have different designated children that would get to blog on the class blog about what they did and learned each day. I think that is an awesome idea and depending on the grade and the technologies available, more and more children can be a part of doing that. Its a great way for parents to keep track of what goes on in the classroom as well. Ms. Holtsman also brought up an excellent point about how blogging, podcasting and videocasting with people all over the world really helps children apply what they learn everyday to a larger audience because they know and they've spoken to people all over the world. Another great advantage of podcasting and videocasting for children that Ms. Holtsman brought up was that when creating these production children can become aware of what they portray when they present information. They can watch or listen to something that they made and say "I don't like this" or "I want to do this a different way". I look forward to subscribing to Langwitches RSS feed and learning all the great tips it was to offer.

2 comments: