About Me

My photo
Gulf Shores, Alabama, United States

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Education Podcasts

After watching all of the podcasts, most of which were about technology and podcasting/videocasting, I've gotten some good tips laid out in my head to follow when I make my podcast. For me, it was hard to pay attention to something that wasn't using my sense of sight to relay its message. However, I strongly agree with the idea that having children listen to podcasts instead something like a videocast would greatly strengthen their listening skills and heighten their levels of understanding in all other subjects. Most of the podcasts had really great ideas. From one perspective I like that the podcasts are like conversations but I think some of them would be easier to follow if they had more structure like a public speech. "Today we are going to talk about..." type stuff. Clearer transitions would be helpful. All of these points are ones that I look forward to focusing on when I do my podcast. The SmartBOARD Lessons podcast was interesting. The man and woman had similar humor and personalities which made it comedic to listen to. KidCast was about thoughts on podcasting and videocasting for children. I believe it was in this podcast that he spoke about how podcasting, as opposed to videocasting, is better for developing a child's listening skills. The MacBreak Weekly podcast was my favorite. The two gentlemen were very antimated and intriguing. Its very funny because I know very litte, almost nothing, about Mac computers but these guys kept me listening. I know that if I knew more about Mac computers I would have been even more interested. The This Week in Photography podcast was about various new tools and technology in photography. I look very forward to discovering more podcasts that really interest me that I can learn from; about podcasting and about the podcast's topic.

1 comment:

  1. I never miss MacBreak Weekly! Your suggestion of using podcasts to improve listening is an excellent one.

    ReplyDelete